Đề 15 câu đầu có lời giải: 2001-05
1. The giant ragweed, or buffalo weed, grows _____.
(A) 18 feet up to high
(B) to high 18 feet up
(C) up to 18 feet high
(D) 18 feet high up to
2. Neptune is _____ any planet except Pluto.
(A) to be far from the Sun
(B) far from the Sun being
(C) farther than the Sun is
(D) farther from the Sun than
3. Since prehistoric times, artists have arranged paint on surfaces in ways _____ their ideas about people and the world.
(B) that their expression of
(C) which, expressing
(D) that express
4. Except for certain microorganisms, _____ need oxygen to survive.
(A) of all living things
(B) all living things
(C) all are living things
(D) are all living things
5. Dubbing is used in filmmaking _____ a new sound track to a motion picture.
(A) which to add
(B) to add
(C) is adding that
(D) to add while
6. _____ of green lumber may come from moisture in the wood.
(A) More weight than half
(B) Of the weight, more than half
(C) The weight is more than half
(D) More than half of the weight
7. Archaeologists study _____ to trace ancient trade routes because such tools are relatively rare, and each occurrence has a slightly different chemical composition.
(A) which obsidian tools
(B) obsidian tools
(C) how obsidian tools
(D) obsidian tools are
8. _____ the hamster’s basic diet is vegetarian, some hamsters also eat insects.
(C) Regardless of
9. The Navajo Indians of the southwestern United States _____ for their sand painting, also called dry painting.
(B) are noted
(C) to be noted
(D) have noted
10. In 1784, the leaders of what would later become the state of Virginia gave up_____ to the territory that later became five different Midwestern states.
(A) any claim
(B) when the claim
(C) to claim
(D) would claim
11. _____ one after another, parallel computers perform groups of operations at the same time.
(A) Conventional computers, by handling tasks
(B) Since tasks being handled by conventional computers
(C) Whereas conventional computers handle tasks
(D) While tasks handled by conventional computers
12. The Liberty Bell, formerly housed in Independence Hall, _____ in Philadelphia, was moved to a separate glass pavilion in 1976.
(A) which a historic building
(B) a historic building which
(C) was a historic building
(D) a historic building
13. Fossils, traces of dead organisms found in the rocks of Earth’s crust, reveal _____ at the time the rocks were formed.
(A) what was like
(B) was like life
(C) what life was like
(D) life was like
14. Although the huge ice masses _____ glaciers move slowly, they are a powerful erosive force in nature.
(A) call them
(B) are called
(C) to call
15. The soybean contains vitamins, essential minerals, _____ high percentage of protein.
(B) and a
(C) since a
(D) of which a
Xin Chào! Tôi Là Nguyễn Đức Mùi. Rất Vui Khi Bạn Đã Theo dõi toàn bộ bài Viết
Chúc Bạn Thi Tốt!