Đề 15 câu đầu có lời giải: 1992-01
1. In the textile industry, the term “gunny” refers to ---burlap that is not of the best quality.
(A) not expensive a
(B) expensive, not
(C) not an expensive
(D) an inexpensive
2. The skyscraper, ---,is an architectural form that originated in the United States.
(A) is a tall commercial structure
(B) a tall commercial structure
(C) a tall commercial structure which
(D) of which a tall commercial structure
3. --- were stones piled at intervals.
(A) The earliest road markers
(B) The earliest road markers, which
(C) Road markers were the earliest
(D) Until the earliest road markers
4. Some procedures used for laboratory analysis of archaeological specimens are --- procedures conducted in crime laboratories.
(B) similar to
(C) same as
5. The windmill, which has been used for hundreds of years to pump water and grind grains, --- redesigned to produce electricity.
(A) it is now being
(B) it now can
(C) is now being
(D) now being
6. In 1938, when Benny Goodman’s orchestra presented a concert at the prestigious Carnegie Hall, --- was clear that jazz had at last been fully accepted.
7. --- a continuous mass of water on the Earth’s surface, all continents are islands in the strictest sense of the word.
(A) The form of the oceans
(B) Since the oceans form
(C) To form the oceans
(D) That the oceans form
8. The spiral threads of a spider’s web have a sticky substance on them --- insects.
(B) trap its
(C) which traps
(D) which it traps
9. --- in 1635, the Boston Latin School is the oldest public school in the United States.
(C) To found
(D) Having founded
10. According to anthropologists, the earliest ancestors of humans that stood upright resembled chimpanzees ---, with sloping foreheads and protruding brows.
(B) their faces
(C) having facial
(D) they had faces
11. The kettledrum produces different tones depending on whether --- with sticks that have felt or sponge heads.
(A) to strike
(B) when struck
(C) It is struck
(D) striking it
12. --- in the latter part of the fifteenth century as a substitute for richly embroidered tapestries.
(A) Wallpaper that originated
(B) The origination of wallpaper
(C) Originated the wallpaper
(D) Wallpaper originated
13. --- was the first fully successful transatlantic cable finally laid.
(A) Not until 1866
(B) Until 1866, just
(C) Until 1866
(D) In 1866, not until
14. Many of the Zuni people in the southwestern United States earn their livelihoods and achieve --- as professional artists.
(A) considered them popular
(B) considerably popular
(C) considering their popularity
(D) considerable popularity
15. The flatter a hair appears under a microscope, --- wavier it is.
Xin Chào! Tôi Là Nguyễn Đức Mùi. Rất Vui Khi Bạn Đã Theo dõi toàn bộ bài Viết
Chúc Bạn Thi Tốt!